But why does it always have to be seven?
The cosmos have aligned and created peace on earth. Wouldn't that be nice to know if was actually true? Recently I have unearthed my international star registry plaque that was given to me years back. Up in the clear night sky a supposed star exists that bears the name Megan Eileen Lohne. Not just the first and the last, oh no, but the middle name as well. All three words are emblazoned clearly in this framed collectible but it begs the question-is my star unique? Does it have a personality and a supernova all its own. Am I using that word correctly?
I heard once that they re-named stars repeatedly when this novelty of naming stars after loved one's was in vogue. If this is true that means my star has a multi-personality disorder and for the most part is a dysfunctional piece of the intergalactic planetary. If I were to go out right now and stare up toward the heavan's would my star call to me quietly-saying sppp, sppp...hey, you, we have something in common.
What I find most fascinating about the star's being named after people is that it gives us peons a grander feeling about where we stand in the galaxy. Even if we never jettison out into weightless space we'll still be a part of it. So, in essence, we name stars after ourselves to belong in the hugest high school in the sky.
But, does that make it right?
No comments:
Post a Comment