It is supposed to be snowing all over. Instead, the landscape remains naked and without the white blanket of wintry wonder.
D.C. presently has thirty inches and New York can't even manage one. The thing is though-for days the news media prepares you. As I simply stopped by the grocery store for an innocent case of Laughing Cow Cheese I could barely elbow my way down the aisles as carts and people pushed past.
Just as I'm about to leave the house the news media again interferes with my plans and tells me that the Long Island Rail Road has vowed to stop running if the snow reaches ten inches. Worried and concerned I surrender the evening and decide to stay in. However, now as I sit and peer out the window I can't help but notice that still it has not snowed.
Yet-still the news media tells me it will snow.
I'll wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment