Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red Glare

This-this right here.  I do not do these.  I do not understand their glory or joy or special context.  Hurling toxins up into the sky to create literally moments of a colorful explosion just doesn't seem important.

Or, maybe it's that fireworks and their mighty blasts facilitated me being loosed from my mothers womb and I'll never forgive them for that.  Either way-I don't get it.  I just-don't-get it.

What I do love about July 4th however is The Twilight Zone marathon on the Sci Fi Channel which almost redeems the day.  Well, that and the barbecues.  I think the most fascinating part about watching the marathon is realizing that some of what they called "future" concerns were right on the nose.  Here, I thought I would be sailing around in a hovercraft.  Instead my planet is melting and the government can track every move I make.  Too bad, the hovercraft would have been fun.

No comments: