Friday, January 1, 2010

You Say You Want A Resolution

2010 has wafted into the air of the world and with it the dreaded idea of a resolution and even more so making it.

I've never been much a resolution maker nor keeper and this year is no different. SO-instead of making a resolution I plan on making a plan of action. An anti-resolution if you will. Everyday this year I will embark on breaking my routine, doing something completely uncharacteristic for the person I have become.

It matters not what the activity is. Big or small I will accomplish being a little bit different and eeking out of my so called "comfort zone" on a daily basis. Today, as I stared blankly down the linoleum laden halls of the Super Stop & Shop glimpsing a teenage boy man sneakily buy condoms while his lady perused hair dye I pondered what my first act could be. Tired and thinking I decided to impulse buy magazines which is something I haven't done since I was a teenager.

Now, this could not entail just any magazines....no....these had to be junky magazines, filth, the ten best ways to keep your man, how to get an ass to die for type periodicals. I stared at the piles of glossy pages as my hand instantaneously jumped for The New Yorker and Entertainment I controlled the impulse and pulled it systematically to the left.

There, sitting in front of me a glamour shot of Natalie Portman exclaiming she was both fashionable and world conscious I knew that I would have to go for the Marie Claire. Folded in my arm I scanned it and walked out fulfilling my stereotype as a woman who's curious about fashion.

Now-if I could just get myself to read it.

No comments: