Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Atlantic City Cats

A few weeks back I sojourned to Atlantic City. The day was remarkably warm for March and the sea air calm against my cheeks. Walking along next to yet another Trump Resort I turned suddenly to find this wonderful set up.


It seems that Atlantic City allows a plethora of cats to live on their boardwalk. Locals come and feed them daily.


I think they may be a better draw than the art instillation at the end of the pier. Next time you take a midnight bus to gamble and carouse all night - stop by.





1 comment:

Jan Markley said...

Interesting - it's part of a trend for keeping feral cats free range instead of capturing them and putting them in a shelter where they may or may not get adopted. It's a bit of a contradiction to feed wild cats ... I watched a whole documentary on it ...'cause that's how I roll (plus for research for my middle grade novel Dead Bird through the Cat Door!)