So, whenever I have to sojourn back to the island that is long and find myself with some excess time to waste I saunter in staring despondently at whatever holiday they are promoting at present. Usually, the seasonal suggestions rest quietly off to the left however when I wandered in at the beginning of January I was taken aback at the amount of red already consuming the shelves alive.

I managed to capture a small portion of it here. Now take this snippet and exaggerate it in your brain times at least thirteen. Heck, maybe I'm being conservative it was obscene. The question that exists always is when did a greeting card holiday created mainly for the purpose of pushing chocolates and plush toys overcome the beginning of January?

Maybe I'm being an Ebeneezer Scrooge of celebrating love but I was equally disturbed by the already displayed small shelf of St. Patrick's Day paraphernalia and I'm Irish.
Can we ever just take a moment and enjoy the present before pushing forward to the next reason to buy stuff? I wish for once that at the beginning of January I could have a moment to check in with myself and my resolutions instead of staring at the next reason to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment